Friday, March 23, 2007

Warning artists at work!

After talking to a friend of mine at the front door for about 20 minutes, which I thought I was safe doing because Cham was in the living room with the kids. Which I realize I was wrong in assuming that when I go upstairs and fing that Cham isn't watching the kids instead he's taking a shower. So that means for the past 20 minutes the kids have went completely unsupervised, and a lot can happen in twenty minutes. I come upstairs to find the living room still in perfect order with Arowyn playing behind the living room recliner but I can't seem to find Teagan. That's when I hear noise in the kitchen so I turn around and sure enough Teague has somehow gotten over the baby gate that separates the living room from the kitchen and is sitting on the kitchen table pulling Cham's current pair of sunglasses apart. So a little bewildered at how he got into the kitchen in the first place, seeing that there is no chair pushed up to the gate or anything that he could of used to get over it with, I step into the kitchen and happened to look down where I see black scribbles all over the floor, then I notice it's also on the table, & chairs. Laying next to the big scribble on the floor is the uncapped black permanent marker that was obviously used to perpetrate this crime. At this point I'm very confused because Teague who is the only one who could of done this being the only one in the kitchen doesn't know how to uncap markers so I figure I had better find Arowyn to see if she had anything to do with this. At this point I realize she's not playing behind the recliner she's hiding behind it because as I go to get her out from behind the recliner I see the big black swirls in the carpet, on the toy lion, the mushroom chair, and a speaker. At this point I just don't know what to do or who or where to begin with so I go find Cham and the only thing I can think to say is "see this is why I don't take a shower unless there is someone to watch the kids, they've done something and I don't know if we can fix this." Luckily with a magic eraser and lots and lots of spot shot everything is almost back to brand new. After putting it all together all I can figure is that Arowyn must of found the marker had some fun with it but knowing she would get in trouble for what she'd done she decided to plant the evidence on Teagan so she handed it to him in the kitchen where he decided to do some artwork of his own. Poor Teagan always the scapegoat. If that's not criminal genius at a young age I don't know what is.

No comments: